AVIATION & AEROSPACE
Manitoba has the largest aviation and aerospace industry in Western Canada and employs over 5000 people in the province. Approximately 80% of industry revenues come from aerospace manufacturing as well as repair and overhaul. The remaining 20% of revenues come from aerospace training and services. Most manufactured products are exported to hundreds of companies worldwide and ongoing capital investment helps to ensure this strong Manitoba industry sector maintains a competitive advantage within Canada and around the world.
Manitoba educational institutions have worked with the aerospace industry to develop relevant training and education which has resulted in well trained candidates who are expected to enter the workforce and make an income 37% higher than the average industrial wage in Manitoba. (Source: MAHRC, http://mbaerospace.ca/mahrc/programs/career-development/)
Associations / Sector Councils
For more information about career opportunities in the Aviation & Aerospace sector, as well as education and training, we encourage you to visit the websites below where you will discover more about this industry and what it has to offer.
Manitoba Aerospace Human Resource Council (MAHRC)